Why choose a mains powered smoke alarm?
In Australia the law states residential homes constructed after 1st August 1997 must have smoke alarms connected to the mains power and with a backup battery. Our friends across the ditch installed this rule after seeing too many fire fatalities occur, largely due to homes not having smoke alarms installed or smoke alarms not working due to expired or removed batteries. The CAVIUS Mains Powered Photoelectric Smoke Alarm, also known as a hardwired alarm, is available in both New Zealand and Australia and is designed to meet regulations and give you that extra piece of mind.
The CAVIUS Mains Powered Photoelectric Smoke Alarm ticks all the boxes to keep you covered:
- Part of the Wireless Family range, which connect to each other using Radio Frequency technology. When one alarm is triggered, they all sound. This will also be compatible with the new Wireless Family Remote.
- Alarm is powered by the mains circuit with a back-up battery.
- AS3786:2014 certified and New Zealand Building Code compliant.
Note: the CAVIUS Mains Powered Smoke Alarm alarm needs to be installed by a professional and licensed electrician.
• New Radio Frequency technology with the ability to connect up to 32 alarms
• 5 Year long-life battery backup (replaceable)
• A penetrating sound at 85 dB(A) at 3 meters
• An easy and wide 10-minute hush and test button
• Green ‘Power On’ LED light as a visible indicator and ensure connection to the mains power supply
• Ability to work as a lamp outlet or lamp hook, to avoid an extra spot on the ceiling
• Connects with the CAVIUS Smart Remote
• 30-day low battery alert
• Vacuum slot for easy maintenance
• 5 Year Warranty
• AS3786:2014 certified and New Zealand Building Code compliant.
• Radio Frequency: 926.365 MHz
• Sensor type: Photoelectric/Optical smoke detection
• Backup Battery: Duracell or Panasonic Lithium CR123A 3V, 1600mAh
• Sound level: around 85db(A) at 3 meters
• Optimal temperature of function: -10ºC to +70ºC
• Maximum Humidity: +95% Rh non-condensing